Toilet How To
As much as we do not like to admit it, toilets comprise a big part of our lives. Many hours are spent in bathrooms using toilets, if only for a place to sit while escaping from the family and getting a few precious moments to read the newspaper or that new book. But more than this, toilets perform a special and vital function in a house. They take away human waste products (and often other objects such as dead fish from the fish bowl or the leftover soup that got shoved to the back of the fridge and went bad). Via a remarkable system of pipes and pumps, toilets are the dock from which we ship waste to a facility where it is treated. The toilet helps keep our homes clean and germ free. Try imagining a city without toilets. It is a dangerous place where disease is lurking around every corner. Getting the right toilet, maintaining it and keeping it clean, then is an important process.
At Toilet How To we cover all the basics of toilet installation and maintenance:
- Knowing when to get a new toilet. The most common reason is a bathroom remodel.
- Toilet specs: what to look for in a new toilet.
- Tools: What wrenches, pliers and other implements are needed to install a toilet.
- To put in a new toilet, you need to know how to remove the old toilet.
- Sometimes it is best to start from scratch. This is when knowing toilet plumbing comes in handy.
- Installing a new toilet does not require a degree in rocket science, just a bit of patience and care.
- Replacing the guts of a toilet will sometimes improve toilet performance. It might also help solve problems that can develop over time.
- Cleaning a toilet should be done on a regular basis to avoid exposure to germs and disease.
Because of the job they do toilets come in for some degree of ridicule, and we will not spare the potty humor on this website.
Next Page: Do You Need a New Toilet?